The Purpose

The reason for this blog is so family and friends can follow along on my journey through cancer and treatments. Please check back regularly for updates and new happenings.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Aftereffects

Well I might have spoke too soon when I last said that there was no pain or anything. Sunday night I started to have pain. It increased to the point where I knew I wasn't just imagining it. We called the "On-Call" Doctor. He said that more than half the patients having this procedure will have pain, fever, sickness. He was surprised that Dr. Palestrant hadn't sent me home with a prescription. He called one in for me. I only used 1 and 1/2 of the pills so far. He said the pain was the tumors dying, so it was a good pain.
We went to my Dr appointment on Tuesday. Dr Roberts said I looked about like he thought I would after this procedure, I looked like I felt lousy. He said if we killed the right amount of liver/tumors I would start to feel better in a few days, if we killed too much then I would feel like this for months. He recommended a surgeon for the removal of the mass in my abdomen. We have a consultation visit set up for July 15. They took blood to test to give some indication of how well the first procedure went. I also got my second sandostanin shot.
I worked 1/2 a day on wed. we will see how I do today but I think I am feeling better. The pain that started high on the right side seemed to move down over the days. I imagined it starting at the top of the tumor and eating, dissolving shrivelling the tumor slowly from the top and moving down, sort of like consuming a carrot still in the ground following it right to the tip. I have no idea if that is accurate but that is what I have imagined as the pain has moved downward.
Now I just need to start working on my courage to go back and start over again next wed.

0 comments: